Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
- "Helping Others Put off Entanglements"
- A Bible-centered, faith-based addiction program
- A great training and discipling tool for local churches.
- A weekly local support group.
- A systematic approach to overcoming any and all addictions.
- Free personal and family Biblical counseling.
- A non-residential program, so your life doesn't stop while you break free.
- A structured program with the flexibility to meet your personal needs.
- NO charge to attend the program. Program costs are underwritten by the church.
WHY CHOOSE THE LASTING HOPE PROGRAM? Simple…A Closer Walk. Addiction comes in many forms. Everyone has some areas of sin that they struggle with. H.O.P.E. does not exist to compete with any other addictions program. We believe that other programs can and have helped many people.
There is only one proven way that can be demonstrated to have a 100% success rate when followed as directed. This way is through personally knowing Christ. Notice we did not say knowing about Christ. Nominally religious and non-religious people may reject this statement, but we invite you to experience for yourself the powerful and life-changing relationship that comes from following Christ through a closer walk. A closer walk will be achieved when an individual follows the relationship principles laid out in the Bible. These principles have been put in an easy to use format in the H.O.P.E. Program.
They consist of the following three major elements:
- The Knowing Him Day by Day walk. This aspect has been designed to strengthen your personal relationship with Christ, and to teach you how to actually walk with Him day by day.
- The Formula 4 Life Steps. These steps will help you add the necessary ingredients to experience God’s promised formula for real and lasting success.
- The weekly support group, which is based on the “Ready, Set, Go” format.
HOW DOES THE H.O.P.E PROGRAM WORK?
We are a weekly support group that focuses on God's answers to the addictions that we have become entangled with. H.O.P.E. is NOT a self-help group. It is a God-help group for those who are tired or trying every new philosophy that comes along and are seriously ready and willing to overcome their addictions. The weekly meeting is divided into three segments:
- In the READY segment we prepare ourselves to meet with God and each other by sharing testimonies and prayer requests. We also are introduced to the nights Bible truth with a short video.
- In the SET segment, we go over the program material (Formula 4 Life) that we have worked on the previous week. We encourages people to work through this Bible-based material in order to put the ingredients into your life for victory over addictions. During this segment, we also share personal stories of victories from the week.
- The GO segment let's us spend a little more time covering the Bible truth for the night as well as receiving awards for work completed in the Formula 4 Life book.
THE BIBLE TRUTHS OF H.O.P.E
- Only God knows how to make life work
- God's Word is absolute truth
- Addictions come from committing sin.
- Sin comes from your heart.
- Sin destroys everything it touches.
- You can choose the sin, but you cannot choose the consequences.
- Your sin affects other people.
- Confessions and repentance removes guilt and sin.
- A believer does not have to be bound by sin
- After removing addictions, you must replace them with godly actions.
- Holding on to anger and bitterness will hinder your life.
- The company you keep will influence you.
- Controlling speech helps control the body.
- Pride produces spiritual failure.
- Freedom must be maintained.
HOPE BEGINS WITH KNOWING JESUS AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOR
It is possible to have a complete assurance that you are going to heaven. The Bible says,
I John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
How can YOU know you are going to heaven?
1. Understand that YOU are a sinner and do not deserve to go to heaven.
Rom. 3:10 “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”
Rom. 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
2. There is a penalty that must be paid for YOUR sin.
Rom. 6:23a “For the wages of sin is death…”
Rev. 20:14 “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.”
3. You cannot do anything good enough to earn your way to heaven.
Titus 3:5a “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us…”
Eph 2:8-9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
4. Believe Jesus died to pay the price for your sins.
Rom. 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
5. Believe that Jesus not only died but rose again from the dead.
1 Cor. 15:3-4 “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
6. Know that Jesus freely offers forgiveness for your sins.
Rom. 6:23b “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
7. Repent and turn from your sin to Christ.
Acts 3:19a “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out…”
8. Accept the free gift of salvation by believing in your heart that Jesus paid for your sins. Confess HIM with your mouth.
Rom. 10:9-10 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
If you just made that decision to trust Christ as your Saviour, you'll never regret it! We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you might have about this new life. We would also like to give you a Bible and some other materials to help you learn more about that new relationship. You can contact us through the webform below or by calling the church office at (602) 867-2700.